Introducing the new 13-inch MacBook Pro. The state-of-the-art
dual-core Intel i5 processor delivers up to 2x faster performance (over
the previous generation of MacBook Pro). New Thunderbolt technology lets
you connect high-performance peripherals and high-resolution displays
to a single port, and transfer files at lightning speeds. And with the
new built-in FaceTime HD camera, you can make astonishingly crisp HD
The 13.3-inch unibody MacBook Pro with Thunderbolt technology.
the revolutionary Thunderbolt technology, you'll be able to achieve
bi-directional channels with transfer speeds to peripherals like
external hard drives and servers up to an amazing 10 Gbps--while also
connecting to a DisplayPort-compatible high-resolution display.
with previous models, the MacBook Pro features a precision unibody
enclosure crafted from a single block of aluminum, creating a thin and
light mobile computing workhorse (less than 1 inch thin and just 4.5
pounds) that's also highly durable. And it includes a 13.3-inch,
LED-backlit glass display as well as a glass trackpad that doesn't
include a button (for larger tracking area) that features Apple's
Multi-Touch technology. You'll also get up to 7 hours of battery life
while on the go.
This version of the 13.3-inch MacBook Pro (model
MC700LL/A) features a 2.3 GHz Core i5 "Sandy Bridge" dual-core
processor, 320 GB hard drive, and 4 GB of installed RAM. Other features
include integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000 graphics, ultra-fast
Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking, Bluetooth connectivity, an SDXC card slot,
two USB 2.0 ports, and a FireWire 800 port . It also comes with the Mac OS X Lion operating system as well
as the iLife software suite, which includes the latest versions of
iPhoto, iMovie, and GarageBand.
FaceTime HD camera built into the bezel for crisp, widescreen video chats.
The backlit keyboard--great for typing in low-light settings.
Revolutionary Thunderbolt Technology
by Intel with collaboration from Apple, high-speed Thunderbolt I/O
(input/output) technology delivers an amazing 10 gigabits per second of
transfer speeds in both directions. Built into the MacBook Pro, the
Thunderbolt port allows you to connect to new Thunderbolt-compatible
peripherals as well as existing USB and FireWire peripherals using
simple adapters. You'll be able to move data up to 20 times faster than
with USB 2.0 and more than 12 times faster than with FireWire 800, and
you can daisy-chain multiple high-speed devices without using a hub.
because Thunderbolt is based on DisplayPort technology, you'll be able
to connect to a high-resolution display from the same port. Any Mini
DisplayPort display plugs right into the Thunderbolt port, and you can
also connect displays that use DisplayPort, DVI, HDMI, or VGA
connections with an existing adapter. You'll also be able to include
your display into a daisy-chained set of peripherals.
Next-Generation Dual-Core Intel Processor
MacBook Pro is powered by a second-generation Intel Core i5 dual-core
processor (dubbed "Sandy Bridge"), which provides breakthrough digital
media management, content creation, and 3D gaming capabilities. With
updated Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0, the latest Core i5 increases
speed automatically for whatever you're doing, dynamically accelerating
performance to match your workload.
Technology enables each core of your processor to work on two tasks at
the same time, delivering the performance you need for smart
multitasking. And you'll enjoy a rich set of new features for a stunning
and seamless visual experience with no additional hardware. The "Sandy
Bridge" Core i5 processor also provides faster access to the installed
RAM, with an integrated memory controller to connect fast 1333 MHz
memory directly to the processor.
With new microarchitecture, the
graphics processor resides on the same chip as the central processor and
has direct access to the 3 MB of shared L3 cache--helping your
applications run at peak performance. And an integrated video encoder
enables HD video calls with FaceTime, while an efficient decoder gives
you long battery life when you're watching DVDs or iTunes movies.
Buttonless Multi-Touch Trackpad
no button on the glass trackpad, there's more room to track and
click--left, right, center, and everywhere in between. Without a
separate button, the trackpad gives your hands plenty of room to move on
the large, silky glass surface. It also incorporates Multi-Touch
gestures--including swipe, pinch, rotate, and four-finger swipe. And it
also now supports inertial scrolling, an intuitive way to scroll through
large photo libraries, lengthy documents and long web sites.
Warranty : 90 days
- 13.3-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with edge-to-edge, uninterrupted glass (1280 x 800-pixel resolution).
- 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 dual-core processor ("Sandy Bridge") with 3 MB shared L3 cache for excellent multitasking.
- Intel HD Graphics 3000 with 384 MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory.
- 320 GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 RPM)
- 4 GB installed RAM (1333 MHz DDR3; supports up to 8 GB)
- 8x slot-loading SuperDrive with double-layer DVD support (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
- Built-in FaceTime HD camera for video chatting
- Wi-Fi wireless networking (based on 802.11n specification; 802.11a/b/g compatible)
- Gigabit Ethernet wired networking (10/100/1000)
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) for connecting with peripherals such as keyboards, mice and cell phones
- Two USB 2.0 ports, one FireWire 800 port
- SDXC card slot
- Thunderbolt port with native Mini DisplayPort output plus support for DVI, VGA, dual-link DVI, and HDMI (requires adapters, sold separately)
- Multi-Touch trackpad for precise cursor control with support for inertial scrolling, pinch, rotate, swipe, three-finger
swipe, four-finger swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities
- Full-size backlit keyboard
- Stereo speakers with subwoofers
- Dimensions: 12.78 x 8.94 x 0.95 inches (WxDxH)
- Weight: 4.5 pounds
- Up to 7 hours of battery life
- Meets Energy Star 5.0 requirements
- Rated EPEAT Gold