Zire 72 Handheld
The Zire 72 handheld, with a built-in 1.2-megapixel camera and MP3 player, includes what users need for work and play. In addition to capturing photos, the Zire 72 handheld is the first PDA from palmOne to enable video capture. Users can watch video clips on a brilliant 320 x 320 color screen, and the MP3 player allows users to carry the tunes they enjoy and listen in stereo. The Zire 72 handheld enables users to create and edit Word- and Excel-compatible files, as well as synchronize with Microsoft Outlook (Windows only). With the Zire 72 handheld, users can even share files, and get wireless email and Internet access with built-in Bluetooth technology. Condition: Renewed. Warranty: 90 days.
Building on the success of PalmOne's Zire 71, the Zire 72 is the first Palm-based handheld that can capture digital video with sound and shoot digital still photos. This multimedia PDA also features bright 320 x 320-pixel color screen for optimal playback of video and photos as well as voice recording capability and an MP3 player for listening to your own soundtrack. Other features include Bluetooth wireless connectivity, a 32 MB memory, Secure Digital card expansion, and a fast 312 Mhz Intel PXA270 processor. And, of course, the Zire 72 features Palm's suite of information management applications and the ability to edit Word- and Excel-compatible files and synchronize with Microsoft Outlook (Windows only).
The Zire 72 offers the following improvements to the Zire 71:
- 1-megapixel image resolution (1280 x 960 pixels); the Zire 71 had a maximum 640 x 480 resolution.
- 32 MB of memory (24.7 MB user available); the Zire 71 had only a 16 MB memory
- Video capture with sound; the Zire 71 only shot still images.
- Digital zoom for closer image capture and in-handheld editing.
- Voice recording capability.
- Wireless Bluetooth connectivity (the Zire 71 connected to your PC only via the HotSync cable)
- At 4.8 ounces, it's 10-percent less weighty than the 5.3-ounce Zire 71.
- Palm OS 5.2.8 (versus 5.2.1 for the Zire 71).
The back of the Zire 72 holds the built-in still and video camera, which does not require you to slide the back of the PDA to activate it (like the Zire 71 did). You can shoot video with sound turned on or off at 320 x 240 pixel resolution and 15 frames per second. Just use the handheld screen to frame the video, tap the "record" button on the display, then save your video to an optional expansion card after tapping the "stop" button.
For still photography, it features a 1.2-megapixel CMOS sensor with a fixed focus range of about five feet and a 2x digital zoom. It captures up to 1280 x 960 pixel images, as well as 640 x 480, 320 x 240, and 160 x 120 resolution modes. The camera also offers such customized image setting controls as white balance, brightness, saturation, contrast, and sharpness. You can also add date stamp or effects like sepia, black and white, and blue
The included RealPlayer for Palm OS enables you to listen to MP3 music files stored on optional expansion cards via the built-in speaker on the Zire 72 or, for stereo sound, using optional stereo headphones or ear buds.
With the built-in digital voice recorder, you can create voice memos, then synchronize them to your desktop PC and email them to friends and colleagues.
The Palm Zire 72 features a 16-bit, 320 x 320 bright transflective TFT color display, which supports more than 65,000 colors.
Connectivity and Expansion
With the built-in wireless Bluetooth connectivity, you can synchronize the Zire 72 with Bluetooth-enabled computer from across the room (within a range of 10 meters, or approximately 30 feet). But that's just the start. Using a compatible Bluetooth-enabled phone, you can send and receive email and connect to the web, send multimedia (MMS) or text (SMS) messages, and even automatically dial any number in your handheld's Contact's application. You can also synchronize data the "old-fashioned" way via the mini-USB connection at the base of the handheld.
The Zire 72 uses Multimedia Card and Secure Digital expansion cards, which instantly add software applications, additional memory, large databases, and more without taking up built-in memory space.
Operating System and Software
The Zire 72 is powered by Palm OS 5.2.8, which provides higher performance, enhanced multimedia features, support for Bluetooth connectivity and networking, and enterprise-class security. It useses the intuitive and easy-to-learn Graffiti 2 writing software to input data into the handheld (as well as an on-screen keyboard). Windows users can synchronize calendar, contacts, tasks and notes with Microsoft Outlook. The Palm OS features the following organizer applications:
- Contacts: Lets you store several addresses for each contact, and it adds new contact fields for more phone numbers, multiple email addresses, instant messenger IDs, and a website for your contacts.
- Calendar: Use the new Agenda view to see upcoming calendar events, tasks due and important email, and color-code your events to provide an easy way to reference your Calendar in the
- Agenda, Day, Week, and Month views. Take more notes, or synchronize more details from your desktop, into the larger Memos and Notes fields on the handheld.
Tasks: Use tasks with alarms and repeating tasks to set reminders for important commients.
- Graffiti 2 allows you to enter data quickly into your Palm handheld but it's even more intuitive and easier to learn
Warranty : 90day
200643448177 190567785023 160641856584-xt
The Palm Zire 72 is compatible with PCs running Windows 98, NT 4.0, 2000, Me, and XP, and with Macs running Mac OS 9, version 9.1 or higher, or Mac OS X, version 10.2 or 10.3.