ThinkPad X Series is ideal for on-the-go users who need an ultrathin, ultralight notebook but refuse to sacrifice quality, durability or performance. The ThinkPad X61 offers new battery control features to help you work unplugged longer as well as advances in security. This notebook features Intel Active Management Technology (iAMT).
· Processor Intel Core 2 Duo T7300 / 2 GHz ( Dual-Core )
· Cache Memory 4 MB - L2 cache
· RAM 1 GB (installed) / 3 GB (max) - DDR II SDRAM - 667 MHz - PC2-5300 ( 2 x 512 MB )
· 12.1inch (1024x768 resolution) TFT display
· Videochipsets: Intel X3100 - integrated graphicschipset
· Intel High Definition Audio (Azalia) compatible
· One 0.5watt internal speaker (mono)
· 16-bit and 8-bit stereo playback and recording
· Microsoft DirectSound Ver9.0c or later supported
· Volume up, down, and mute buttons
· 1/8" audio in/out jacks:
· One for mono microphone with the fantom power.
· One for stereo headphone output
· ISO Standard full size 85 key keyboard with imbedded numeric keypad and integrated TrackPoint with enhanced features
· The keyboard has a Fn key which is a special key and is located in the lower left corner. The Fn key allows the user to instantly activate the following operational features by pressing the Fn key and a designated function key: - Standby/Suspend/Hibernation - Switching between Display devices - Power management mode
· ThinkVantage Key, allowing one-touch entry into ThinkVantage Productivity Center
· ThinkLight which illuminates the keyboard in low light conditions
· TrackPoint Sensor with TrackPoint controller
· Fingerprint Reader (select models)
· Supports two 200pin PC2-5300 Non-Parity (NP) Double Data Rate Two (DDR2) Technology
· The use of 667 MHz SO-DIMM memory is recommended for this system.
· 1GB Installed
· Supports maximum memory up to 4GB
· Note: Windows XP supports 3GB memory maximum
· TrackPoint with Press-to-Select, Internet scroll, and magnifying glass features for accurate and convenient control
Hard drive features
· Standard 100GB (7200rpm), or 160GB (5400rpm)
· Supports one additional 2.5-inch hard drive which can be used concurrently to offer expanded storage in the ThinkPad X6 UltraBase.
· Although you can upgrade the hard drive, it is not designed to be removed and reinserted on a regular basis. Repeated and frequent removal, for purposes other than to upgrade for greater capacity, can cause damage to the system. The Ultrabay slim hard drive adapter is designed to provide this flexibility with a second hard drive in the Ultrabay slim in the X6 UltraBase
· 1Gb Ethernet soldered on system board
· Wireless upgradeable or 802.11abg, 802.11n wireless available as Mini PCI cards
· Integrated wireless WAN and WAN-ready (select models)
· 56K v.92
· Available as either a single CDC card or in combination with the Bluetooth CDC card
· Two Mini PCI slots (WLAN,WAN)
· One Communications Daughter Card slot
· Ultrabay slim is available via the ThinkPad X6 UltraBase
· Three USB 2.0 (Two on the right side, one on the left side) version 2.0
· One Ethernet RJ-45 with 2 LEDs
· One RJ11 for modem enabled systems
· IEEE 1394 port
· Secure Digital (SD) card slot
· One DB-15 external display
· Audio line out and microphone in ports
· Conforms to the PC Card standard 97
· Can accommodate one Type I or one Type II slot
· Both 16-bit and 32-bit cards are supported
· PCMCIA 2.1 standard
· Security Chip (TCPA) on selected models
· Locking device in the security slot provides physical security.
· A Power-on password (POP) protects the system from unauthorized use. If a POP is set, the password prompt appears:
· Each time the system is turned on
· When the system is returned to normal operation from suspend mode
· A Supervisor Password (SVP) provides a higher level of security than the POP. The SVP protects the system functions from being used by unauthorized users, and protects the hardware configuration from unauthorized modification.
· A Hard drive Password (HDP) protects Hard drive data from unauthorized users. Once HDP is set, data on the Hard drive cannot be accessed without the correct HDP. Because the HDP is stored in the Hard drive, the data remains protected even if the Hard drive is removed to another system. The HDP password prompt appears:
· Each time the system is turned on
· A Power-On Password (POP), a Supervisor Password (SVP) and Hard disk Passwords (HDP) can be stored in the reader module by the TouchChip BIOS eXtension (TBX).
· When a system boots up, a user is requested to swipe a finger if there are passwords set on the system. When a fingerprint is authenticated, passwords are restored from the reader module and compared with ones stored in the system. If those are valid, a user can boot the system. Otherwise, a user is requested to input passwords.
· Four-cell battery: 211mm (8.3in)
· Eight-cell battery: 238mm (9.4)
· Minimum: 20mm (0.8in)
· Maximum: 35.2mm (1.39in)
· Four-cell battery: From 1.41 kg (3.11 lb)
· Eight-cell battery: From 1.63 kg (3.59 lb)
Note: Weight is approximate.
· AC Adapter
· AC adapter: This AC-to-DC converter supplies the necessary power to the computer. The AC adapter also charges the battery pack when it is installed in the computer.
· AC adapter 3pin DC output plug with a "ACDC_ID" signal.
· Input: 100/240 V ac, 50/60 Hz
· Output: 14.4 V dc
· The battery pack is an internal power source to the computer when the ac adapter is not available. The battery pack is rechargeable and is charged using the ac adapter with the system.
o Four cell
o Eight cell .
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista Business